Wednesday, February 27, 2008

It never ends

Just as I finished up the last batch of 75 applications on Monday, bringing us up to rider 368, I got another batch of applications to process (which will bring us up to rider 445). This is like standing in front of a fire hose. So far 90% of the applications are for people who have been on PALM before. These are easier to do because their names and addresses are already in the computer. All I have to do is enter the emergency contact (very important) and not mess up the t shirt sizes or meals. Later on most of the riders will be new so that I'll have to enter all the information and things slow down. Even after processing all these applications, I'm probably still 3 weeks behind. Hold on. I'm getting to you.

One of the last things I do is compare the confirmation letters I generate with the application to be sure I entered everything right. Then I stuff the self addressed stamped envelopes (you remember to include one, right?). My cat really likes this. He sits on the applications and swats at me as I manipulate the letters and confirmations. I have to wait until he goes to sleep to work. Fortunately cats sleep 16 hours a day.

Daylight savings time starts on March 9. That's the start of summer, right? I'm beginning to get antsy to ride. I try to ride at least once a month throughout the year. I've already missed October and February is in danger (even though I went to Florida last week). Winter has been so long that 40 degree days seem like biking weather especially if the sun is out. (These are two conditions that haven't occurred much this year though.) There is something I can do: I'm taking the bikes into the shop to get ready for the season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need to cancel from PALM and would like 100% of your money back right away, please send me an e-mail. I'd like to buy 2 spots from you. Plus your meals. Thank you, shadoe123@hotmail.com