Friday, February 1, 2008

Application Update

As I mentioned in the last post, the applications were mailed out Friday January 25 in the afternoon. I live 40 miles away and got my application on Saturday. One of our riders from Arkansas got his application on Monday. His brother who lives in Nebraska got his application on Tuesday. If you have not received your PALM application yet, you are probably not going to get one. If you email your address to us, we will mail you an application. If you wait a few days, I'll add a link to the website so that you download the application via the web. If you haven't mailed in your application yet and want to get a rider number lower than 100, you are going to be disappointed. We are behind already.

I've come up with a one word description of Michigan weather, especially this winter: bipolar. This week it went from being 12 one day (with plenty of wind) to the 40's the next (Kevin Degen was thinking about biking) to 13 the next. What can you do? Well, I live about mile from the Redford Theater. It's the last neighborhood movie theater in Detroit and is the home of the Motor City Theater Organ society. They show old movies (mostly for $4.00) proceeded by theater organ music. The theater has been restored(it has stars in the ceiling and a model train setup for Christmas) and mostly the movies are good. (Red River, On the Town, Maltese Falcon, ET, etc.) Last night it was "Tarzan and His Mate". Not so good. It was made in 1934 and while Johnny Weismuller and Maureen O'Hara looked great and the print was good, the sound was bad (from the 30's) and what a plot! Kevin, I know, is holding out for the Three Stooges in April. I'm setting my hopes on Buster Keaton in March.

No comments: