Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You still can get on PALM

We have the applications from 500 people (not counting staff and SAGs). Last week we had applications from 350 people, so we added 150 people in the last 8 days. The rate has dropped from 35-40 a day to 25-30 a day. While this means we are filling up rapidly, you still can get on PALM.

As you may know, I work on the registration: I enter the applications into my computer and print out confirmation letters. Another staff member gets the applications first, checks them, fills out stuff for the accountant, and sends them to me. She's in Florida. When we were at 350, she had not seen an application yet. Now she's processed applications for 295 people of them. I finally got some applications to process on Friday (and Monday) and I've processed applications for 95 people. So I'm 200 behind my fellow registrant and 400 behind the real count. This is daunting. And I'm going to be out of town this weekend. It may be a while before you get your confirmation letter. Try to be patient. If you've mailed in application already, you are on the ride.

I had the usual glitches when I tried to process this year's applications. This year we have a jersey you can buy and last year we didn't. I was concentrating so much on getting the directions to the start and end sites to print out right on the confirmation letter that I didn't notice that the jersey field was missing. So if you ordered a jersey, you wouldn't know it from the confirmation letter. Fortunately the very first application (Kevin Degen, who else) was ordering a jersey and I noticed it. That saved some calls.

No comments: