Monday, March 3, 2008

Spring morning in winter

When I got up this morning it was almost 50 degrees and you could see the sun. This after a week where we've either had snow storms or lows around 11. Sunny, but cold. The forecast is for falling temperatures and snow by dinner. You've got to love Michigan. It forces you to live in the moment. Which brings us to PALM. PALM allows you to live in the moment. You have very little responsibilities on PALM. You get up. You eat breakfast. You pack up. You ride. You setup. You finally have the time to look around you and notice that it is summer and you are in Michigan.

Things are changing here, but slowly. I run in the morning. Because the days are getting longer (and because I work), I'm now running at dawn. The last couple of days have been sunny so that I've started to hear the dawn chorus of birds. I swear I heard robins although I can't imagine what robins do when it is 11 degrees and the ground is covered with snow. I've also taken my bike into the shop to get ready. Maybe the weather will get the idea.

So far I have entered applications for 579 people. (I mailed confirmations for 75 people this morning. I'll mail the confrimations for 80 more once I have checked the confirmations against the applications to make sure I haven't made mistakes.) I have 140-160 more people to process. I may only be 2 1/2 weeks behind, hey almost caught up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got my confirmation in the mail yesterday. Thanks for doing the registrations and helping make my first PALM what I am sure is going to be a great experience.

Anonymous said...

If you need to cancel from PALM and would like 100% of your money back right away, please send me an e-mail. I'd like to buy 2 spots from you. Plus your meals. Thank you, shadoe123@hotmail.com