Sunday, January 27, 2008

PALM Applications Are on Their Way

After the coldest week of the year, I got an email from the printer on Friday that said he had mailed out the PALM applications. On Saturday I received my PALM application: the printer was right, he did mail them. At the nadir of winter, summer begins.

Let me refresh your memory on how this works. When you fill out and mail in your application, you are buying summer. At this point $110 (plus extra for meals) is cheap for summer. I'm sure you would pay $135 or more even, but PALM offers you a bargain. Your check clears in February or March so that by June you bike for free. What could be better: summer and a free bike tour, all for signing up now. (By the way this same reasoning works for buying baseball tickets too. Try it.)

We mail the applications by 1st class mail. The printer has software from the US Postal Service that allows him to pick up forwarding addresses. This means if you don't receive your application by the end of this week (in time for the Super Bowl!) you are probably not going to get one. Email us at palmbiketour@yahoo.com to get a PALM application and to be sure that we have your correct mailing address.

My biking has been pretty sparse lately: I didn't bike in November at all (why?), rode once in December and once in January. I'm going to have to start by finding my bicycle. One thing I can do is take it in to the mechanic to get it ready. If we have a warm sunny day in the next couple of weeks, you'll know that my bike is in the shop. Good thing I have more than one bike.

No comments: