Friday, February 23, 2007

You can start training for PALM: Option 2

There is another way to start training for PALM. I'm currently in Matlacha, Florida in a cybercafe overlooking the water. We saw manatees, a burrowing owl, and the Edison winter home. Tomorrow we are going to rent bikes (and helmets)!! and bike on Sanibel Island. Now this isn't the same as biking on studded tires and talking to ice fisherman, but I will be getting on a bike and putting in some miles. Morally I'm corrupt, but I'm wearing shorts and it's 81 degrees. This may push processing applications back a few days. (I get back on Wednesday.) I feel bad, but I'm wearing shorts and it's 81 degrees.

So far we have received applications from 400 riders and I've sent out 255 confirmation letters. If you've haven't sent in your application, time is running out. If you have, tell your friends to send in theirs.

1 comment:

Bike Ed Guy said...

You should feel bad you morally corrupt person you! Driving 1400 miles to ride your bike just to make the rest of us feel jealous!

By the way, I was wearing shorts as well while riding on the ice.

Really.

I swear!

OK, they were under my windproof winter riding pants.