Saturday, January 5, 2008

More Winter, Request for Help, Application Update

Last Thursday was the first cold day this winter. I consider any day that has a temperature below 10 as a cold day and it was 6. But winter is only starting since I still have tomatoes from the summer that I've wrapped in newspaper until they ripen. (Or rot. It's about 50/50.) On these short, gray days I'm losing the summer. I need to add a page to the web site that describes the 2007 PALM, but I need help. I remember that we started off with three hot days and then had a day of rain. I remember that I missed a turn on the first day and ended up doing the Saturday optional (17 miles) and then having to do the full Sunday ride (48 miles plus a 6 mile detour because of construction). The optional was beautiful, but it was a real letdown to arrive back at Spring Lake in the afternoon and realize that we had the whole ride ahead of us in the heat of the day. I also remember Elsie and the giant Elsie the Cow in the town square. (A family from Wisconsin did point out to me that perhaps Elmer would have been a better name. Hey, I'm a city kid.) I don't remember enough. I need your help. Could you send me some memories you have of PALM 2007 so that I can include them?

I've gotten the proof of the PALM 2008 application back from the printer and I'm reviewing it. I'm hoping to be able to fax back corrections to the printer on Monday. I hope I'm catching all the typos and the changes that I should have made. Do you know how hard it is to proof a release? You actually have to read it and more than once. Solitary would be better.

No comments: