Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunny Day

Yesterday was one of the rare sunny days in SE Michigan in winter. One year it was so bad that the local TV station featured a sunset on the 11:00 news because there had been a record low amount of sun for the month. (I think that December only had 6 hours of direct sunlight.)

On sunny weekend days you have to go outside. How can you prove to yourself that everything is not just shades of gray? One way is to go to Eastern Market. It's open 6 days a week year round, but Saturday is the big Market day. There is a lot of construction there now, but two sheds are open. Bring a lot of ones. Everything on Saturday costs $1. There were a lot of cameras and a lot of languages being spoken.

I almost went on a bike ride. I would have had to wear everything that I had, but in the sunlight I could do it. Instead I worked on PALM and I want credit for it. I added the site pages (in their unfinished state) to the web site. I also made the changes to the registration program. (It's 2008 now, not 2007. We have a jersey this year and the registration and bus fees have changed.) I also changed the text on the confirmation letter. Once again I had to remember how Mail Merge works in Word. Fortunately I complained about this in a blog entry last year. I used the blog entry to help me to do the changes.

The next PALM meeting is Jan 20. If things go well, the applications will be printed. They are not scheduled to be mailed until Jan 25 because I thought that the meeting was on the 27th. Ah, well. I let you know when the applications are actually mailed (by 1st class) so that you can keep an eye out for them.

No comments: