Saturday, April 11, 2009

PALM Meals and Bus Rides

When the applications were sent out, I made a point of telling everyone that you didn't have to order the meals and bus rides right away, all you had to pay was the registration to get on PALM. We've received a lot of applications without meals or bus rides. Now we're beginning to get applications adding meals and bus rides. It's now April. If you want PALM meals or bus rides, now is the time to order them. Officially you have until May 15 to order additional meals and bus rides, but do us a favor and order them now or as early as you can. The site people have to know how many meals to have on hand well in advance. We have to get the proper number of buses and trucks well in advance. May 15 is pushing it, especially if there is a last minute rush.

To order meals and bus rides, download the application from the web site, fill in at least your name(s) and, if you can, your rider number(s). Select the meals and bus rides you want, include a stamped self addressed envelope, a check for the right amount and mail it to the PALM address (PALM; PO Box 7161; Ann Arbor, MI 48107). You don't have to reenter the rest of the information nor sign the waiver again. You will receive a new confirmation letter that will now include your meals and bus rides when we process the request. Remember you can pick and choose just the meals you want.

Speaking of April, it's time that I got my garden in shape. I haven't done anything yet. I put the garden to bed before winter and the leaves that I cover it with as a mulch are still there. I have seeds already and I'm going to get cold weather plants at the end of next week. No May 15 deadline here, I better get started. Well, after Easter anyway. I'm going to my brother-in-law's place on Harsen's Island for Easter.

No comments: