Monday, March 2, 2009

More Applications

Now this is winter in Michigan. When I ran on Friday it was 52 degrees, today it is 10 degrees, and last Tuesday it was 8 degrees. This is what I expect, not 6 weeks where it doesn't get above freezing. Even though it is cold, all the snow and ice are gone in SE Michigan. You can see the debris that's gathered over 2 months but you can't do anything about it: it's all frozen in the ground. I once tripped on a piece of cloth on a sidewalk that was frozen solid. At least there is baseball being played in Florida and articles on the Tigers in the paper. I followed my own advice and took the bikes in to have them tuned up for the summer. I may not have to pick them up for a while though.

I got more applications to process. We are now up to 389 riders registered so we are about half way. There were a lot of the staff in this batch, but not mine. If you got a email/call from Vickie about a mistake/omission you made on your application, you are not alone. I made a mistake in the money and had to send her a new check. My number could be in the 500's. PALM riders do come from all over. In this last batch we had riders from North Carolina, Colorado, New York, and Kansas. The great majority of the riders are from Michigan but from all over Michigan. Lots of small towns.

2 comments:

CyKKlist said...

My son and I are likely the Tar Heels from NC, so thanks for the mention! We are very excited about our first PALM ride. We have snow on the ground and it was 16 degrees this morning, so we're not getting a free pass down here. Good luck getting through the paperwork.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to PALM Cykklist