Sunday, January 25, 2009

I Sent in My Application

I got my PALM application on Thursday, but I live 45 miles away from where they were mailed. I got an email from PALMsters in Arkansas and Nebraska. They just got their applications on Saturday. It looks like its taking a bit longer for the 1st class mail to be delivered. Give yourself a few more days before you panic. I'm mailing in my application tomorrow, but you'll be glad to know that the riders in Nebraska and Arkansas have already beaten me. It's the quick and the dead.


I talked to Ellie who picks up the PALM mail. Only 5 applications came in on Friday, about 20 on Saturday. Last year the applications started coming in with a bang. The real test will be at the start of the week. If we get a lot of applications then we could be in for a repeat of last year when we reached our 700 rider limit on February 19. We've had a lot of people asking to be added to the mailing list, but I've also had people telling me that they are going to be registering now, but paying for their meals later. We won't know anything more until Tuesday or Wednesday because Ellie is off cross country skiing in northern Michigan. At least she stayed in Michigan and didn't go to Florida.

Currently I'm working in downtown Detroit. I was by the downtown library at lunch and what did I see? A robin. It's 22 degrees and there is a foot of icy snow on the ground which has been there for weeks and I see a fat robin. A robin and a PALM application in the same week. This can't be a coincidence.

1 comment:

bikeranny said...

I sent in my family's application on Tuesday January 27, 2009 so I would hope that we would get in. Hopefully the U.S. mail doesn't lose our application. Good luck to everyone trying to get in!!!!!