Friday, January 16, 2009

Deep Freeze

This is not the week to consider going biking. It was 6 degrees below zero this morning in Detroit, the coldest that it's been in years. Tomorrow its supposed have a wind chill of 20 below and on top of that snow 3 to 5 inches. I'm still trying to figure out how that's going to happen. (It was actually closer to 6 to 8 inches of snow.) I've had to run inside that last couple of days, something I never do. I'm back working downtown and I can tell you that when its below zero, there are no ice skaters at Campus Martius. We have so much snow now I wonder what they are going to do for the Winter Blast. I think all the cars at the Auto Show are going to have chains on their tires. I went to a meeting on Wednesday night at 7:00 PM to start organizing a community garden in my neighborhood. There must have been 25-30 people there, all of them desparate to see even a single blade of grass. And its only the beginning of January!

Right in the middle of this, what do I get? A link from Amanda August to her pictures of PALM. Just in time. The sun is out. People are smiling and wearing t shirts. There are about 100 pictures of the PALM parade at the end of the ride. (Her mom was trying to get pictures of as many different people as possible.) Thank you, Amanda.

No comments: