Monday, March 10, 2008

(No) Wait List

I had a few days break before the next batch of applications arrived. I'm up to rider 643 as far as processing applications and mailing out confirmation letters are concerned. I probably have 100 more people to register. We've been returning late applications with regrets that the ride has filled.

A word about wait lists. PALM does not maintain a wait list. Instead we accept about 40 more than the 700 cutoff and expect cancellations so that we get down to the cutoff. Sort of like the airlines but, unlike the airlines, if not enough riders cancel, we live with it. If you check the counts from the previous 3 years on the website, you'll see we are generally above 700. One of the reasons is that we don't count support people as part of the 700. I expect one more batch of applications, then all that are left are applications with problems. Generally 10% of the applications have errors but this year there have been more, probably because of the rush.

I spoke too soon about being caught up. I got another batch of applications just now that take me up to rider 719. When I get though this batch (it could take me a couple of days), then I am caught up except for problem applications and you know who you are. Everyone who sent in an application should get a confirmation or a returned application by this weekend. If not, email us. We'll try to track it down.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is scalping of PALM registrations OK with you? With the glut of applications, it would seem my confirmations would be worth conciderably more than I paid. I'm thinking of putting them up on eBay.

Anonymous said...

In your March 9th blog, you listed a number of alternate rides. I would like to suggest one more, the Michigander Bike Tour. In previous years, this was a mountain bike/hybrid tour. However, this year they are including a paved road option for road bikes. The Michigander has a two, six, or seven day option. It will occur July 12-18. - RB -

Anonymous said...

For more information on the Michigander go to : http://www.michigantrails.org/michigander/

- RB -

PalmWebGuy said...

Scalping PALM registrations is not OK with us. PALM has moderate mileage so that everone can do it and cheap so that even families can afford it. Scalping tickets is incompatible with our mission. Besides we've only filled the last three years. The demand hasn't been that great.

Anonymous said...

If anyone needs to cancel and wants to sell 2 tour spots please email clarkerin@hotmail.com.