Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How to get on PALM

Ellie Knesper, the person who answers all the PALM email and phone calls, has been getting questions about PALM applications almost every day. I'm going to tell you how to get on PALM. Don't look for the application on the PALM web site. I'm in charge of the web site and I don't put the application on the site right away. I do it a week or so after the applications are mailed out. Why? Because a lot of our riders, especially ones who have done PALM a lot, are older and have not made friends with the Web. I want to give them a fair chance.

What can you do? The way to get on PALM is to get on our mailing list. Then you will be mailed a PALM application by 1st class mail. (Why 1st class? Because then everybody gets the application at the same time, within a day or 2. Then everyone has the same chance.) Don't worry about me selling your email address to Canadian pharmceutical companies. This is a low tech operation. Just look at our web site. I'm one of those older PALM riders who have done PALM a lot. Email us your home address and we'll put you on the mailing list. I'll also email you when the ride is getting close to filling up.

I am proofing the application now. It should be mailed out sometime in the week of January 18. I'll post the exact date of the mailing on the web site and here. If you are on the mailing list (and all past PALM riders are on the mailing list) and you haven't received your application by Jamuary 25, email us right away and I'll email you one.

Last year we mailed out the applications on January 25 and the ride was filled by February 19 (my sister's birthday). This year with the uncertain economy, who knows. But we have filled up early the last three years and, at $110 with $75 more for 2 meals a day, PALM is an awful cheap vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Admirably fine performance!