Saturday, June 2, 2007

First 50 Miler

While I've been biking since the first of the year and have about a total of 400 miles in on all my bikes, today I did my first 50 mile ride. It was a wonderful weather day with only a little wind. I rode the "Blue Water Circle Tour" route which entails riding to Algonac, taking the ferry to Canada, riding up the Canadian shore of the St Clair River and taking a second ferry back to the US at Marine City. It's part of the Blue Water ramble route. US customs were especially suspicious today (maybe because of the power boat races in Algonac). They even made me unzip my rack pack and show them the contents. Good thing I wasn't smuggling an illegal alien in there today.

If you haven't been riding in preparation for PALM, now's the time to get going. Only three more weeks of preparation time left. In addition to your base miles, be sure to have a few 50 milers in before PALM. It's the only way to prepare for long days in the saddle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need to cancel from PALM and would like 100% of your money back right away, please send me an e-mail. I'd like to buy your spot(s) from you. Plus your meals and possibly your bus ride.
Thank you, state_bird@hotmail.com