Sunday, April 22, 2007

Time to start to do

Finally we are getting our first streak of 70 degree days and, amazing, it's falling on a weekend. I'm going to be able to bike two days in a row for the first time all year. Up to now the most I've been able to do is talk about doing things. Now I can actually do them. One of these things is gardening. I've been to garden club meetings, now I have to actually plant things. Or in my case now I have to get my yard in shape so that I can plant things. I was looking in the back of my garage as a place to plant some more vegetables. What a mess that is. All vines and tree saplings. But because of the emerald ash borer, it now has sunlight. Better get to work.

Wait a minute, now it's 70 degrees and I can go bike riding. Not only is it 70 degrees but there is no wind. I can go as fast as I can. Unfortunately I'm not in shape. On a day when I can bike as much as I want, I can only hope to go 30 miles. (I can tell you that the frogs are in full voice even in the middle of the day. It must be close to prom time. ) I'm looking at the 10 day forecast and there's some more bad weather coming, but the ratio of good days to bad days is much better. It's time for us all to get our training in. We can figure out where we put the lawn mower later, some time in the middle of the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you need to cancel from PALM and would like 100% of your money back right away, please send me an e-mail. I'd like to buy your spot(s) from you. Plus your meals and possibly your bus ride (to and from A2.)
Thank you, state_bird@hotmail.com